I just bought my second pair of Santana II's.
I really like how my first pair sounds stacked on top of the Model 19's in my rec room and I've been looking for another pair to stack on top of my second pair of Model 19's that I have in my in home recording studio. Here's the thread last from last August when I bought my first pair of Santana II's.
http://www.hostboard.com/forums/f700...-speakers.html
Anyways, this purchase motivated me to recap both pair of Santana II's like I did with my Model 19's and 14's. I opened up my older pair and one of the caps in particular didn't look good at all.....
FIRST QUESTION: I like to listen to these Santana II's with the treble pot on the speaker turned all the way up. I thought that maybe I could bypass the 30 year old pot altogether so the signal doesn't have to pass through it at all. As you can see in this photo, the L Pad (pot?) has three terminals and there is a jumper from one of the terminals connecting it to the center terminal. If I disconnect the red and black wire from the pot (L Pad?) and connect them to each other, would that be the same as running the pot "full throttle"? Or would bypassing this L Pad (or pot?) in this manner have a negative effect on the impedance or some other undesired effect?
By the way, this pair has the newer 13 1/2 inch frame woofers as you can see in the photo above, and my first pair has the older style 12" frame woofers. Same voice coil and cone, just different frame. As I was advised last year here on this forum, they sound identical and are identical other than the style of frame.....
Here are the Santana II's I bought last summer.....
![]()















Bookmarks